Property owners and managers have a duty to residents and visitors to ensure the safe use of the relevant buildings and facilities, taking all necessary steps to make sure all lift installations have been treated to the highest standards of lift maintenance services, lift repairs and more. Guaranteeing safety from the risks associated with improper lift maintenance, or the lack of it, is one of the most crucial responsibilities when it comes to the smooth running of just about any lift maintenance system.
In accordance with the law, lift installations are to be regularly examined and given proper lift maintenance by appropriately qualified operatives. The lift maintenance services and lift repairs policies relating to your lifts therefore must comply with:
- Health and Safety legislation, including the Management of Health and Safety at Work regulations 1999 and the Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations 1992 (as amended).
- The Lifts Regulations 1997 and the Lifting Operation and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER).
- All relevant British and European lift maintenance standards including BS EN 81-1:1998 (Electric Lifts), BS EN 81-2:1998 (Hydraulic Lifts), prEN 81-28 (remote alarms on passenger and goods passenger lifts), prEN 81-70 (rules of accessibility of disabled people to lifts), prEN 81-73 (behaviour of lifts in the event of a fire).
- Building Regulations Part M “Access to and use of Buildings”.
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 and the Housing Acts 1985 and 1988.
- Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and 2005.
“In accordance with the law, lift installations are to be regularly examined and given proper lift maintenance…”
LOLER 1998 states that lifting equipment supplied to both industrial and commercial properties should be of adequate strength and stability, and should make adequate provision for the safety of its users. A thorough examination and range of lift maintenance services should be also be carried out every six months by competent and trained engineers in order to ensure there is as little risk of failure as possible. Lift maintenance can always make sure that lift repairs won’t be necessary!
How Sheridan Lift maintenance can help
The team here at Sheridan Lifts are expert lift maintenance engineers who are able to keep all kinds of lift installations in efficient working order and in good repair. They have a huge wealth of knowledge and services to offer as well as the lift maintenance itself, being able to arrange lift maintenance services and specified safety checks by trained competent persons, and respond quickly to reports of lifts and elevators in need of proper lift maintenance. In line with our standard lift maintenance services and lift repairs timescales, we can guarantee a quick, efficient and highly professional solution.