Typical Lift Maintenance Contracts
The details provided below are abstracts from the typical lift maintenance contracts we offer. We also provide unique bespoke contracts tailored to our clients individual needs.
- Inspection of plant and when necessary, the submission of reports detailing observations and recommendations
- Minor adjustments
- Replacement of faulty bulbs
- Full equipment clean down
- Oil & lubrication of moving parts
- Risk assessments
- Method statements
- Service reports left on-site
- All works carried out and completed by competent NVQ level 3 trained engineers
- CRB checked engineers
- 24hr 365 days a year emergency call out assistance
- 3 hour emergency breakdown "guaranteed" call out service
- Includes services as per standard contract
- Service reports left on-site and copies sent via post and/or email
- Call out bundle included subject to age, type and usage of lift
- 1 hour guaranteed out of hours response
- Regulation 9 Competent lift inspections carried out and certificated issued
- Full dilapidation reports carried out on commencement of maintenance contract
- Entrapment FREE of charge
- Includes services as per intermediate contract
- 2 man inspection of plant and when necessary, submission of reports detailing observations and recommendations
- All call-outs inclusive
- 2 hour guaranteed response during working hours
- 1 hour guaranteed response outside normal working hours
- Energy saving reports
- Proposals and in-depth calculations and advice on how to reduce your carbon footprint
- All works and parts guaranteed for 12 months
- Entrapment free of charge
- LG1 examinations
- LG5 examinations
- LG10 examinations
Property owners and managers have a duty to residents and visitors to ensure the safe use of the relevant buildings and facilities; this extends to ensuring safety from the risks associated with Lifts.
"In accordance with the law, lift installations are to be regularly examined"
In accordance with the law, lift installations are to be regularly examined by appropriately qualified operatives.
The repair and maintenance policies relating to your lifts must comply with:
- Health and Safety legislation, including the Management of Health and Safety at Work regulations 1999 and the Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations 1992 (as amended)
- The Lifts Regulations 1997 and the Lifting Operation and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- All relevant British and European standards including BS EN 81-1:1998 (Electric Lifts), BS EN 81-2:1998 (Hydraulic Lifts), prEN 81-28 (remote alarms on passenger and goods passenger lifts), prEN 81-70 (rules of accessibility of disabled people to lifts), prEN 81-73 (behaviour of lifts in the event of a fire)
- Building Regulations Part M "Access to and use of Buildings"
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 and the Housing Acts 1985 and 1988
- Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and 2005
LOLER 1998 requires lifting equipment supplied in properties is of adequate strength and stability, and makes adequate provision for the safety of its users. A thorough examination should be carried out every six months by a competent person.
How Sheridan Lifts can help
We can maintain all lift installations in efficient working order and in good repair, arrange lift maintenance and specified safety checks by trained competent persons; and respond to all reports of lift repairs to lift installations in line with our standard lift repairs timescales.
Repair and Lift Maintenance
For all lift installation, lift repair, and lift maintenance work, Sheridan Lifts are LEIA affiliated. The Lift and Escalator Industry Association (LEIA) is the trade association and advisory body for the lift and escalator industry. All individual technicians are competent and trained to the relevant NVQ for Lift Repair and Service.
For all thorough examinations and supplementary testing, Sheridan Lifts are UKAS ISO accredited. The United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) is the sole national accreditation body recognised by government to assess, against internationally agreed standards, organisations that provide certification, testing, and inspection and calibration services.