When it comes to lifts, many building managers will think give a lot of thought to the initial lift installation and then forget about their lift until a problem arises. Then they are forced to think about lift repairs. However, there is a vital step in the middle that gets forgotten about; lift maintenance.
It’s a common misconception that lifts break down frequently and there’s nothing that can be done about it. It’s simply not true. Here are 5 reasons to think about lift maintenance.
- In accordance with the law, lift installations are to be regularly examined and given proper lift maintenance. Failure to have your lift properly maintained means you are breaking the law.
- Thorough and proper lift maintenance means there’s less chance of your lift having a complete breakdown.
- Lift maintenance may seem inconvenient at the time, but it can prevent a longer downtime in the long run should your lift have a failure.
- Lift repairs are significantly more costly than lift maintenance procedures. Don’t put yourself out of pocket.
- If an accident occurs and you have carried out proper lift maintenance you aren’t likely to be at fault and at risk of prosecution.
Sheridan Lifts are a highly professional and reliable lift company that can carry out your lift maintenance to give you complete peace of mind. Contact us today to find out more about our lift maintenance service.